Down Beat Cafe

Another memorable lunch with artist Jose Lopez. I picked him up at the LA Shakespeare studio. Operatic singing was booming from the theater. It appears Woody Allen is co-directing an opera there. Many of the younger staff and interns didn't even know he was. I found that funny and joyous. So Jose and I drove in his vintage Volkswagen Vanagon to Down Beat Cafe in Echo Park at 1202 North Alvarado, Echo Park CA 90026, 213-483-3955. It was a very hip place with delicious, oh absolutely delicious Cafe Latte. I ordered the Mediterranean Salad and quiche. Later I found out the peanut butter cookies are famous there but I was too full to have any. The salad was so fresh and and refreshed me. The quiche was incredible and huge. I highly recommend that. They cook it just right where the crust is thin and snappy and the egg inner is hot and filled with tasty surprises. Sorry, I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pix. The price is a little high but I felt the freshness of the food and the rich tastes were well worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts