"Beyond Meat" at Carls Jr.

I've been avoiding, as best I can, fast food. But lately, several of them have been trying the non-meat burger trend. I was driving in Inglewood a couple of months ago from an art opening. I was with my friend, photographer Isabel Avila. She's been eating healthy for a while so I mentioned this trend and that Carls Jr. now had a vegetarian burger. We were a little hungry. She looked it up on her phone and found the ingredients. According to Isabel, this is just as unhealthy as a regular fast food hamburger. We ended up eating elsewhere. I was still curious weeks later so for lunch, i drove into a Carl's Jr. near CalState Dominguez Hills. I have to say, it's just as salty as a regular burger but other than that, it was pretty good. I thought Isabel's comment was hilarious, though.

Comments

Popular Posts