Surawon Tofu House on Olympic

 






It had been a while since my last Soon Tofu meal. I met with my friend artist Yoshie Sakae for dinner and decided to try this place near my house.

Surawon Tofu House is located at 2833 W Olympic Blvd, LA CA 90006. When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, this place was a popular Mexican restaurant. In fact, today, the interior still sports the metal cactus lamps from back in the day.

I ordered the Seafood Soon Tofu with the Raw Crab dish. Yoshie was not interested in sampling the raw crab. Into two little crabs and I was done, took the rest home.

You can choose white rice or red rice. We ordered the red rice, which for me, signifies a special event. it's not Seki Gohan but it's like Seki Gohan.

The people were so nice there that I am lkooking forward to trying their Bugolgi next time.

Comments

Popular Posts