Plateia at UCLA, Westwood




425 Westwood Plaza, UCLA Luskin Conference Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095-0001

Last week, my friend Mallory Nezam gave a lecturer to the UCLA Planning Department about her experience with lobbying for Artist-in-Resident projects in Government. Afterwards, she was treated to a dinner by the Department and was told she could bring one friend. Guess who got to go? That's right, yours truly.

The Plateia is a fairly new restaurant in a fairly new hotel that's on the property that used to be the parking structure for Pauley Pavillion. BTW, and somewhat related, it looks like there's a US stamp now of Coach Wooden.

I ordered the steelhead, which is a trout that looks like salmon but when you eat it, it's trout. I got it with a side of potatoes. My beverage was a ginger beer that I'd never had before.

It was all very delicious. Above average hotel food. I enjoyed the steelhead very much. The skin was crunchy but not greasy. it was so tender and there was great balance bewtween cream and caramalized.



 

Comments

Popular Posts