Jackson Market in Culver City







 Once in a while, someone will post an eatery in LA and I just have to go check it out. On my feed was this place, Jackson Market. It was touted as a Pro-Palestinian establishment so that's what attracted me to it. When I looked at the map of where it was, i couldn't believe it. I know Culver City fairly well and I knew of this area to be a residential area of single story homes, off Braddock or Culver nonetheless. What? How long has this been here? Why had it taken me so long to discover it?

I drove there last week and yes, it's in the middle of all these homes off Braddock on Jackson. It's very near the post office if you know where that is in Culver City near Sony.

Anyway, plenty of street parking and if you look at the picture, sort of hidden under all these trees are umbrellas, an awnings, tables and chairs. As you get closer, yup, it's a market but when you walk in, it's an upscale market with cool snacks and goods. The kitchen/ counter is huge. in the front and back are seating places but it's the back that impressed me the most. It's huge and lots of intimate pockets of seating in a lush environment of roofed and shaded areas. Lots of plants. It's an oasis.

I ordered the pancake breakfast. I think I may have ordered the wrong item. It was okay but not great or maybe the environment overwhelmed the food? That could be, right? There was a display with a keffiyeh opposite the counter. Yup, Pro-Palestinian Freedom. I wasn't aware of anything on the menu that was connected to Palestinian culture but I may have missed it.

The people I met and a man who i think was the owner were super friendly and nice. The person at the counter who took my ordered was perhaps having a bad day. He seemed annoyed i was there or at least that was the impression. I hope his day went better. He seemed miserable and was a dark contrast to everything else about this place.

I'd love to go back someday with a friend. That back area is conducive to some next level conversation. lol

Comments

Popular Posts