Cafe LaLa in Koreatown






 Naturally, when I first caught this out of the corner of my eye, I did a double take. Oh the irony! It took me about two months to finally check this place out.

Under the beverages menu, I saw "Hot Dabang Coffee". I didn't know what that was. They told me it was very popular in Korea, so of course I had to try it. Secondly, under the food menu i saw "Funky Monkey Toast". Having recently come back from New Orleans and saw Allen Touissaint's studio where the Meters were formed, I chose this snack.

The interior is very clean, austere and contemporary. The staff is helpful and attentive. The coffee was a bit too sweet for me but I enjoyed, the way I enjoy a chocolate bar; fabulous but I probably shouldn't finish it in one sitting. This is mostly due to the fact the sugar inatke with this experience weighted on the side of the Funky Monkey Toast. If you're wondering out neatly one can eat this without all that banana topping over, you are correct in your question. It looks well composed in the photo but what followed was a falling of the sky. Regardless, it was delicious but not something i was willing to take hope for seconds, so i finished it. Luckily, I was on a walk so the walk hope in the afternoon heat helped melt some of that buzz off.

How wonderful that there's a cafe names Cafe LaLa in my very own neighborhood. I love it! They are located at 4003 Wilshire Blvd LA CA 90010

Comments

Popular Posts