Baramee in San Pedro CA







Last weekend was SoundPedro, the annual sound art festival produced by FLOOD at the Angels Gate Art Center. I got to San Pedro very early and decided to grab a bite to eat. I made my way to 6th Street, where all the shops are and decided on a Thai Food place called Baramee located at 354 W 6th Street San Pedro LA CA 90731.

I ordered the Steamed Chicken Dumplings, Tom Yum Soup, Spicy Beef Salad and Hot Tea. I was in a weird head space for some reason so I decided to lay off carbs for some reason. In hindsight, I probably should have stuck to a curry dish with a side of spring rolls but that would have to have been in a clear headspace. I was in a weird headspace so that's what I ordered. The Servers were super nice and attentive. The interior is very handsome and clean. It was an oddly cool day so a soup and a hot tea seemed like a good idea. The tea was delicious. The dumplings came first. I devoured them in a matter of minutes, I tried to slow down but by then there was only one left.

Next came the soup, which was in a bowl. I'm used to it in a tin heating bowl but I guess since I was solo, I got the bowl size. I wasn't very happy with the soup. I needed a little bit more water.

The beef salad was delicious. I devoured that too.

I dine alone a lot. I see movies by myself a lot too. Maybe this is what engages me into weird head space? It's getting harder and harder to rely on people. I don't want to be let down so I just opt to go to these places by myself. Half the time, I am wanting to get back to the studio to work or just thinking about a piece I'm working on. It's hard to be here now when i want to be over there now.

Anyway, Baramee hosted my wandering mind well. Next, i'd like to try one of their curries. 

Comments

Popular Posts