BUSCH Stadium/ The BBQ stand at St Louis Cardinal's stadium
At 700 Clark Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1727 stands the new BUSCH stadium. i say new because the last time I went to a Cardinals game, Mark McGuire was hitting home runs, racing Sammy Sosa.
My DJ guru Michael Bishop, native STL, grew up a fan but in recent years his interest has gone elsewhere and I guess so has mine but it seemed to me that since I was working on a project about Upstairs Lounge , I should see at least one game when I am in town. I picked a good one. The 2006 Wold Champions were celebrated before the game. Once they completed the celebration, a 20 year reunion, it started raining and the game was delayed for like an hour or so.
Bishop and I went hunting for food. I walked around the entire parameter of the stadium and settled on BBQ. I got the BBQ Nachos and he got the Meat Combo or troff. Bishop couldn't finish it but slammed a decent dent. We sat in front of a punk band as they were playing Riot GRRRL. once the game started we went to our seats. The game was actually exciting with the lead switching in the begining but then the Cards blew it open.
Around the 4th inning, the band we were watching sat in front of us. Coincidence.
We left around the end of the 6th Inning. They ended up winning the game. All was good in STL.






Comments