Presti's in Cleveland Ohio's Little italy















 

This was my first breakfast/ brunch in Cleveland. The University got me a AIRBNB in the Little Italy section of Cleveland, a short walk to the campus. The night before, on the way to the AIRBNB, AJ Kluth said this, Presti's, is a staple of Little Italy and an excellent place for breakfast. So of course, I went there the next morning.

Walking around Little Italy, where there are a lot of places to eat or grab a coffee, I couldn't help notice a degree of segregation. Some places only had white customers and some places had a diverse mix of ethnicities. At least, that's what I could see through the windows or walking passed the outdoor seating. Perhaps this was a projection on my part because some folks warned me of the political conservative majority of Ohio. I will say at the end of four nights, I felt completely welcomed and at ease with Cleveland. I didn't have one uncomfortable episode, which I can't say with all of the states I've visited.

I am including the receipt so you can see what i ordered. Inside Presti's is a tremendous amount of choices. I ordered one pastry and one savory dish. The coffee was perfect, just a simple cup-of-jo. The stuffed pepper was really delicious. I couldn't stop eating it although i was pretty full half way. When I travel, which is not often, my stomach srot of needs to settle for a day or two but this dish was so good, I seemed to have changed the policy for it.

I never heard of a Sfogiatelle. I am not sure of you pronounce the S or if it's silent. It was delicious with the coffee. The creme middle was not too sweet and the complex outer-laced-crust was crunchy and lightly powedered with sugar. Presti's is located at 12101 Mayfield Road, Cleveland OH 44106-1923. Also, it may not appear so from the outside but a few of the patrons were settled in with their laptops so there must be WI FI.

Comments

Popular Posts