Honey Bee's House of Breakfast on Adams






I can't tell you how many times I've passed this cafe on Adams. It's been there even before the recent gentrification of this community. It's been a timing thing. I was either not hungry or it was closed (they closed at 3PM) but it's been on my list for a very long time, many years, maybe even a decade?

I contacted Paul Chavez, Sound Artist, who I really only met last year through a project headed by Jamie Scholnick and Carmen Escobar via Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture and the Harbor UCLA Medical Center, TMI. 

Paul was available for breakfast and it turns out he and his family live a few blocks away from Honey Bee's House of Breakfast, 4715 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016.

I ordered the Mojarra plate because I'd been craving fish and recently, artist Devon Tsuno was telling me about his fishing trip to Patagonia where Mojarra could be caught.

Paul ordered the Chorizo and Eggs. As always the case, I loved talking with Paul about the art world in LA and our similar art pasts.

My breakfast was fantastic. i really enjoyed the fish and all the sides. I first thought it was a traditional pancaka type breakfast house, which they do serve, but it's more than that, the El Salvadorian influence of the cooking makes this a place worth exploring and the huge menu will invite you and I back repeatedly.


Comments

Popular Posts