Tendon Tempura Carlos Jr in Torrance




My cousin recommended this place in Torrance. Known for their tempura and their back story. Located at 1510 Cabrillo Avenue Torrance CA 90501.

The duck was pretty good. What was unusually memorable was the rice, the rice was not sticky like normal white rice. Each rice was solid and perfectly hearty. It was truly unique. i don't think i've ever had rice like this before. Oddly, it overshadowed the sashimi on top.

The tempura was kind of good. I don't exactly know why it wasn't fantastic. The place has tempura in their name but.... maybe my expectations were too high? it sort of tasted like the oil was not fresh. i know oil is expensive so i totally get that.

I liked the duck. That was good but it wasn't hot when it came to the table. Maybe, it sat on the kitchen counter for a bit before they brought it to my table? I think if I started eating it when it was off the grill, it would have been incredible. it was duck with great potential. I totally appreciated the wasabi being real wasabi and not the green colored horseradish. That was nice.


 

Comments

Popular Posts