Soban in Koreatown

 







After years if not decades, I finally went to Soban located at 4001 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019-3258. 

Jenny and Alessandra drove up from San Diego. Alessandra is the Gallery Director at Mesa College and Jenny is part of her staff. We went to go see many exhibitions at various Museums and ended the day with a real treat.

I did not grow up with Korean Food but have come to love it as an adult, even though, I grew up Koreatown. This eating experience was different for me. Each dish was familiar but so deeply more than any Korean restaurant I'd ever been to.

Is it the freshness of the spicy meats, the delicious rice, the attention to detail? what's going on here? Someone told me that traditional Korean food takes days to make. Could it be that most places cut corners to not have to put in the time it takes to make real Korean food and Soban puts in the time?

I'm not sure but there's an obvious love factor here that the three of us sensed and devoured. It left me with questions, it was a mysterious stroll into a new level of appreciation for Korean cuisine.

Comments

Popular Posts