Wadatsumi in Torrance

A couple weeks ago, we had an event at CSUDH. Oh wait, it was my opening, right. Oh no, it was the student preview opening. Devon Tsuno, artist, professor and lead for the CSUDH Praxis Art Program and I decided to grab a bite to eat and talk about stuff. It's Devon who paved the way for my residency at the Gerth Archive at CSUDH, where I have been enjoying research into the Ninomiya Archive. Anyway (enough self advertising), Devon called his wife Rieko about recommendations. I actually stopped him and asked is that a good idea, you know, kind of flaunting that we get to eat with out her. She said Wadatsumi was the place and off we went. It's located at 1757 W Carson St, R&S, Torrance, CA 90501. I got a little lost but got there before Devon by a minute. When I walked in, it felt like it was wall to wall Japanese Business workers. Even though Toyota, Nissan and Honda have moved to Texas, there's still a gigantic Japanese business community in Torrance. i am not sure if this is true anymore but at some point it was the largest population of Japanese Nationals outside of Japan. Well the benefits of all this is a place like Wadatsumi. Look at these pix i took of our cuisine that night. OMG! it was absolutely incredible, delightful and nostalgic. Not that i could ever afford a place like that when i was student in Japan but well, to you know what I mean....

Comments

Popular Posts