Hakata Ikkousha Ramen in Little Tokyo




 Monday's are challenging to find lunch in Little Tokyo, almost all the Japanese food places are closed. i had scheduled a lunch meeting and I didn't want to change it. Luckily, Hakata was open. This was my first time. Tonkotsu Ramen with the standard sides. It was very good but not as good as my company, none other than Malu, the late Kenzi Shiokava's niece. I felt so honored she was willing to meet with me. I was asked to write a short article about the importance of Kenzi is a fellow LA Native artist. I only met him once at the Watts Jaxx Festival, this was a few years before he passed away. it was brief but memorable. I wanted to hear what it was like to have Kenzi for an uncle and I got some beautiful stories from Malu. I just pressed record and she had a lot of cool memories. I enjoyed my Tomkotsu down to the last slurp.

They are located at 368 E 2nd St Los Angeles CA 90012.

Comments

Popular Posts