Twoheys in South Pasadena





 

Like so many in Southern CA, I've been going to Twohey's for decades. It used to be in Alhambra and when I was working on projects in the San Gabriel Valley, i used to have lunch there. Then one day, it closed. It was pretty sad for all of us but there was already talk they were looking for a place. The rumor is that the original family sold it a while back and the new folks ended up selling the shop with the intentions to relocate. Then one day, I think at the start of the Pandemic or a little before, we all noticed a banner that it was coming to South Pasadena, 424 Fair Oaks Ave, South Pasadena, CA 91030-1817. The location once was Tommy Lasorda's restaurant. It's at the endo of a not-s0-mini mall. I saw it a lot when I was the AIR at the Pasadena Buddhist Temple because I went to that hardware store a lot on my way to the Temple.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I sat down and had breakfast there.

I am not sure how they did this or maybe it's my imagination but even tho the place has a new feel to it, the vibe, friendliness and vintage cool-ness was kept intact. How did they do that?

I want to go back and try more items on the menu but the breakfast was delicious and the coffee seemed endless. I appreciate that.

Comments

Popular Posts