Crawfords Fried Chicken on Beverly

Several folks had recommended I try the fried chicken at Crawfords, 2616 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057. It's a very popular place for fried chicken and drinks. It appears to be a bar but actually, the fried chicken is the focus. The afternoon I went, I was the first customer and just sat at the bar. The guys were really nice and made me feel at home. While I was there, there was only one other customer. This is in stark contrast to the one night my daughter and I tried to eat there and it was packed, so I felt very lucky. The boiled peanuts, although salty, were really delicious. Definitely a beer side. So in recent years, there are a number of places that have popped up in LA that serve food that is intended for sauces. I remember eating a lot of BBQ in Nashville. They would always serve a plate of ribs with a bottle rack of sauces of at least four different styles but you could eat the ribs without sauce, a nod to Texas Rub Philosophy, I believe. At Crawfords, you get the assortment of hot sauces but if you wanted to eat the fried chicken by itself, it's not a very satisfying experience. I had to pour a lot of sauce to get "flavor". I suppose to each her/his own but I really appreciate a fired chicken that is delicious on its own and if you want sauce, you "add" sauce. having said that, the quality of the meat and the tenderness of it was really wonderful. The chicken sort of falls apart too, very messy and I love messy, so i have to say, this was probably the most fun i had eating fried chicken; slopped it up with bread, coleslaw and BBQ beans. Lastly, I have to mention, in the sauce rack was a homemade sauce by one of the staff. That was actually really delicious. They said they were thinking of bottling it, so look for that. It was pretty good.

Comments

Popular Posts