Marugame Udon on Sawtelle Avenue

 



Marugame Udon is located at  2029 Sawtelle Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025.

This was my first time. It was very hot and humid. I was slightly hungry. I walked in, saw the menu and the grilled eel looked good. I just wasn't into udon at that moment. I asked one of the guys serving behind the counter. and he said it's one of their most popular items.

I know now that I should have ordered udon. Udon is in the name of the place. I'm sure i would have been fine and hope go back someday to add to this post about their udon. It's an udon place. i don't know what i was thinking?

So you know when you get a unadon and it's steaming in your face and you get your chopsticks. and gently break the square to eat with it's equally square bed of rice? Could not be done. At first I thought I was having a moment but nope, I had to use one chopstick and each hand an forcefully tear the unagi. I was in shock? This is a $37 unadon set. I was determined and ripped through bite after bite, rationalizing each swallow.

i was fine. I didn't get sick or anything like that. What happened? Maybe they actually microwave the eel and they over cooked it somehow? I don't understand. Anyway, please don't order this, especially if it's your first unadon. Unadon is one of my favs and it would be so sad if you ordered this by mistake as i have. Udon. it's about udon here. Please order the udon. i will next time. i am determined to like this place! 

Comments

Popular Posts