Coin De Rue Bakery & Cafe in Koreatown







 Oh my GOODNESS!!!!! This was the find of the month! Yes, it's been open for 4 months. Yes, I've been eyeing it for quite sometime. But I finally dropped by for some treats for the peeps at my artist-in-residency, Pasadena Buddhist Temple.

I bought a lot of items and we sampled them at the Temple. It was a big hit, especially the pesto and cheese bread, which has this other-wordly maybe UFO kind of presence.

There big seller is the sweet potato bread which is beautifully Prince-purple. It looks like a sweet potato but when you bite into it, it's like a cloud. Towards the center, a light creme and throughout the bread, a thin layer of sweet potato. It's glorious!

My enduring impression was the curry pan.

I've had curry pan in Japan but could never find curry pan in Los Angeles like it until now. The crispy outside texture and the softness of the inside is heart melting.

1110 South Western Avenue #101, Los Angeles CA 90006

Comments

Popular Posts