Lawry's Prime Rib dinner (during the Pandemic 20-21)



 

The Lawry's The Prime Rib I grew up with is located at 100 La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211. My parents owned their own restaurant in Los Angeles, as I've mentioned over and over again, in the late 60's and throughout the 70's and early 80's. On very special occasions, my late-Father would treat us all to Lawry's. It was a tremendous luxury for us and would have to dress up a little. It's a fancy place and the food is specific and classic.

My Mom turned 80 recently, which is a big deal in Japanese culture, but because of the Pandemic, she only wanted the immediate family over for dinner not the entire family. My daughter and son-in-law decided we would splurge for Lawry's, which is what my Mom had suggested I believe.

I was very doubtful that the quality of the food could be experienced as a "take out" but is was quite amazing. Because I'd been there since I was a child, I could almost see the server , the high ceilings, the place settings and that velvet like atmosphere.

Memory is magical.  

Comments

Popular Posts