Way Paper in Chinatown




In the craziness we are all in; the pandemic, politics, economic crisis, Black Lives Matters (Breonna Taylor's accused murderers are still free, no arrest) and at the moment of this post the California forest fires, oh and those immigrants are still caged and separated from their kids on the border in COVID-19 hell; restaurants are falling to the waste side, left and right. How do you support when you don't have any $ . Artist Wayne Perry and I hadn't seen each other for months so we set a rare lunch, take out from Wax Paper, 736 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012 and we drove to the Park and caught up on family and work. I picked this sandwich because it's named after Dee Dee Bridgewater. All the sandwiches are named after media people and Dee Dee Bridgewater is not only an award winning vocalists but also has a radio program. I first learned of her music through an ex who played "At Last". Oh my goodness, Bridgewater's rendition of that classic is amazing. The sandwich was excellent and messy. I'd order it again, fresh and delicious take on an egg salad, great roll. I loved it.
 

Comments

Popular Posts