banh ouį in Hollywood

banh ouį, 1552 N Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 I haven't been eating out much these past few months as you can see. I think i was first introduced to Bánh mì in the 2000's? I think we were somewhere in Rosemead and a friend said let's try these Vietnamese sandwiches. It may actually have been a Lee's? i don't really remember the details. I do remember being struck by how incredibly delicious it was, the vinegary savory base with the meats and delicious bread, the surprise when you bite into the chilies. When you get it and think, this is so small and by the time you finish it, you are so full. Does the vinegar make the bread expand in your stomach? A few weeks ago, my brother surprised me with a Bánh mì, roast beef Bánh mì actually. He said it was from his friends cafe in Hollywood; banh ouį. I don't get to eat Bánh mì regularly so I'm always pretty stoked when it comes my way. As you can see from the photos, it was packed with meat and vegeies. I will say, like anything, Bánh mì should be eaten immediately, fresh and just wrapped. More so than a regular "sandwich". I waited about two hours to eat it. It was still fantastic and I should have heated it up, maybe. Regardless, it was DEE_VINE!!!

Comments

Popular Posts