Amandine




On Saturday, Kio and I needed to meet about our art proposal for the Glendale Arizona Jazz and Blues festival. He recommended a Japanese style breakfast coffee house in Santa Monica. Amandine is located at 12225 Wilshire Blvd, LA CA 90025, 310-979-3211. It's a very "lovely" place with a fantastic bakery, delicious coffee and unique assortments for both breakfast and lunch. We ordered Kio's favorite, Croque Madame, a sandwich topped with a egg easy over. It was delicious with the ham and a french style sauce. I ordered a fruit bowl with ripe sweet berries and melons as well as the french toast. Who doesn't love french toast? To top it off, because I had to order something from the bakery, a melon-pan. This is something I use to buy my kids all the time. It's a dome shaped small bread, not unlike pan dulce, with a sweet light taste. There was this Japanese animation my kids use to watch called An-pan Man, a cute and always victorious bread-head hero whose little sister was Melon-panda. On top of it all, we sat comfortably outside under big umbrellas while the rain lightly surrounded us. A classic.

Comments

Popular Posts